Looking for Employment?
See below for full-time and intern opportunities.
Commercial Arborist Employment Opportunities
First Choice Tree Care Inc. is accepting applications for the positions of full-time Arborist and part-time Arborist, as well as summer/seasonal Arborist. First Choice Tree Care Inc. is accepting applications for the positions of full-time Arborist and part-time Arborist, as well as summer/seasonal Arborist.
First Choice Tree Care is a full-service plant health care and tree service company with locations in Knowlton and Mequon. We provide a wide range of year-round tree care services throughout Central and Southeast Wisconsin. We do not engage in snow removal, lawn services, or landscaping.
Successful full-time candidates must possess:
- Excellent arboricultural skills including tree climbing/pruning/rigging techniques, tree identification, insect & disease ID, PHC treatment techniques, equipment operation & maintenance, and worksite safety
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and coworkers
- Ability to complete assigned work with minimal supervision
- ISA certification, or ability to become certified upon eligibility
- WI Pesticide Applicator Certification (3.0), or ability to become certified
- Clean driving record. CDL, or ability to obtain CDL
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- 2- or 4-year degree in Arboriculture/Urban Forestry or related field
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening
Full-time compensation package includes health insurance, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, matching retirement contribution (SIMPLE plan), 6 paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation, 4 sick days per year, and annual gear & clothing allowance.
Successful part-time candidates must possess:
- Enrolled in Urban Forestry or other Natural Resources discipline
- Ability to identify trees commonly found in Wisconsin
- Ability to follow written and verbal direction
- Completion of introductory climbing course
- Personal climbing gear (rope, saddle, lanyard) and the ability to use it
- Clean driving record
- Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
Part-time employees are offered competitive wages, flexible scheduling to accommodate class schedule, and an opportunity to receive valuable experience while still in school. Work time is applicable toward eligibility to take the ISA Certified Arborist exam.
All First Choice Tree Care facilities are smoke-free, drug-free environments.
To apply, send resume to email@example.com, or mail to:
First Choice Tree Care Inc.
PO Box 175
Stevens Point, WI 54481
Do you want to be an ARBORIST?
First Choice Tree Care is offering the unique opportunity for Urban Forestry students to earn money while learning arboriculture! Students with limited work availability can join a First Choice Tree Care crew.
- Receive valuable hands-on experience working in trees
- Put newly-learned skills from school immediately into practice
- Enhance resume with relevant experience
- Earn money while learning arboriculture
To take advantage of this rare opportunity, complete the following checklist:
- enroll in 2- or 4-year urban forestry/arboriculture degree program
- complete a basic introductory-level tree climbing course
- own basic gear (saddle, rope, lanyard, helmet, work boots, safety glasses)
- have a valid drivers license and clean driving record
- be available at least 1 day a week, even if it is only on Saturdays
- contact First Choice Tree Care
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 715-952-9771 for more information